What are we looking for?
For this role you will need experience of working in a fast-paced commercial law firm environment. You’ll have excellent organisation skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. A flexible and adaptable approach is essential, as are excellent IT skills and a strong team ethic. Good communication skills are a must as is the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and also with clients and intermediaries. You’ll need to be self-driven with a positive outlook, good at forward planning, proactive, have excellent attention to detail and be professional at all times with a clear focus on high quality service delivery.
What teams will you be supporting?
You’ll be working for lawyers at all levels across our Commercial team in Newcastle. The team supports a wide range of local, national and international clients across a range of sectors in relation to commercial contracts, technology agreements, data protection, intellectual property and competition law.
What will the role involve?
- Production of complex legal agreements, making amendments when asked using tracked changes and also preparing comparison documents.
- Typing as you would expect, alongside keeping on top of multiple diaries, organising meetings, travel and accommodation as necessary.
- There is a significant amount of work around client billing, including preparation of bills and assisting with client reporting using excel spreadsheets.
- You will also have responsibility for file maintenance, both electronic and paper-based.
- In addition to this, we are looking for someone who will happily attend team meetings, assist with organising business development events, help design presentations, build relationships with clients and keep our lawyers on top of their marketing activities such as co-ordinating and assisting with directory entries (with the full support of our marketing team).
- This role can be as engaging and involved as you want it to be – we are looking for a self-starter and a hardworking individual who can help look after our busy and growing Commercial team.
- You’ll be working as part of a team of secretaries so the ability to work cohesively with others is essential.