The purpose of the Document Production Centre (DPC) is to provide the firm’s fee earners with a seamless, professional, accurate and timely document production service, in a high quality, busy, deadline driven environment. The DP Specialist will be required to advise on document layout and reformatting options and will also manage the firm’s precedent bank to ensure all documents are maintained in the firm’s house style and are consistently updated upon instruction from the legal departments. The role will focus on client satisfaction, quality, reliability and efficiency within a highly trained, specialised team.
The DP team takes an active interest in the workload and requirements of each area of the business and will provide flexible services to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
The DP Specialist will need to be flexible from time to time in respect of working hours to ensure that absences are covered to an appropriate level at all times.
- Producing and amending correspondence, documents, reports, deeds, attachments etc. from a variety of sources, in house style and in line with the firm’s specific systems/procedures
- Transcription, through the use of digital dictation
- Document production and manipulation
- Accurately interpreting complex fee earner briefs and producing documents within the required timescales, seeking clarification when necessary
- Proof reading and quality checking all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard.
- Ensuring all edits have been inserted and make logical and grammatical sense
- Effectively using systems to prioritise and complete incoming work
- Keeping service users updated on the progress of their work
- Ensuring documents are produced within the required timescales
- Prioritising own work and proactively communicating if a deadline cannot be met
- Sharing of knowledge and expertise across the team as well as being responsive and flexible to the needs of a particular client of the DP Department
- Being an ambassador for the DPC and educating the firm to use the DPC to its fullest potential
- Contributing to the success of the DPC and understanding how this success is measured.
- Proactive in making suggestions for improvement and acting on them
- Highlighting any skills concerns and implementing solutions to show continuous improvement
Essential skills/knowledge required:
- Must have previous experience of working within a document production team
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute
- Confident at producing a variety of documents for all legal groups including complex legal backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and any other core systems implemented by the firm
- Ability to strip document formatting and reformat in house style
- Ability to repair problem documents either on own or with support from IT
- Excellent client service skills
- Professional and client-focused telephone manner
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Exacting eye for detail
- Flexible and dependable
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Resilient and able to deal with a variety of issues as they arise
- Pro-active and highly motivated
- Ability to use initiative
- Able to build confidence, respect and trust with others