Main purpose of job:
To provide direct support to the International M&BD Director and others where required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Diary management for Director, (with occasional support for Head of Marketing & Communications, Head of Services & Markets and Head of Clients & Sectors) including coordinating meetings on request and administrative support for the Director including managing correspondence, and drawing attention to urgent and important matters and/or dealing with them as necessary and arranging travel and business trips to our international offices
- Proactively manage a projects list and monitor progress of projects/pending actions that sit with the Director and identify potential areas for delegation and manage bottlenecks
- Taking telephone enquiries for the Director and deal with them directly and professionally
- Coordinate administrative support to help manage the running of the International M&BD team including: managing email distribution lists; arranging team meetings and events (away days, parties, etc); maintaining organisation charts; maintaining the team’s Absence Management System; coordinating desk moves and changes to IT requirements
- Co-ordinate the International M&BD budget management process including: organising budget codes/signatories/expense; liaising with Accounts Payable team; maintaining intranet pages; processing of invoices/Credit Card statements; inter-office recharge queries; and reviewing management accounts on the Central Global and UK M&BD budgets. Dealing with enquiries on this
- Coordinate the induction programme for new joiners in the international team and desk orientations
- Coordinate conferencing facilities for the delivery of training with International M&BD and all departmental team meetings
- Support the implementation of M&BD best practice, including maintaining documents and templates, managing the M&BD Filesite Document Management System
- Provide administrative support to the implementation of the firm’s M&BD programmes as directed, including developing and maintaining related intranet pages, posters and resources
- Provide support for M&BD focused internal events, and to the Central Events team for organisation of signature client events on request
- Work with the IT, HR and Finance teams to coordinate M&BD involvement in implementation of new processes, project roll-outs and development of systems
- Run the BD for Secretaries initiative; ensuring information is shared with secretaries and necessary training is in place
- Assist with distributing key firmwide information to all office locations, e.g. business plan and newsletters.
- Act as the M&BD department’s main point of contact for general queries and support.
Education / qualifications / experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Executive Assistant or PA experience, preferably within a Marketing & Business Development environment in a professional services firm or relevant sector
- Attained at least four good grades at GCSE level, and a business administration or secretarial related qualification preferred
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Self-motivated with strong time management and project management skills
- Ability to deliver within challenging deadlines and deal with/prioritise multiple activities
- Good grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Able to manage and implement a mix of PA and project tasks with a low level of supervision
- Knowledge and proven experience of dealing with a busy and demanding diary
- Strong IT skills are essential and a willingness to learn and roll out training of new packages is required. Advanced skills in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential; Adobe Reader/Writer, InterAction and Sharepoint are also preferred.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation and externally. Building and maintaining constructive relationships with a variety of different individuals at different levels of seniority from PAs and Management team to other Business Services areas.
- Supports new opportunities and practices within the role
- Identifies opportunities to bring efficiency to the department and firm
- Communicates confidently across a variety of channels
- Experience working in an international role at a global or regional level is required
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Must be proactive and have ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with other areas of the business. It is essential to be ‘cheer leader’ for the M&BD team and it’s initiatives
- Strong attention to detail
- Aims to exceed expectations of high quality service delivery in every task
- Flexibility with working hours when working events