Main purpose of job:
To provide IT procurement services and associated financial administration tasks.
- Process Requests for hardware, software and other IT services through the request system
- Ensure fulfilment through existing stock prior to purchase from suppliers
- Getting quotes from suppliers for IT hardware and software
- Raise Purchase Orders with suppliers
- Process invoices from suppliers and obtain management approval
- Maintain financial records
- Filing and associated paperwork
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Purchasing of IT equipment and the full range of associated tasks/paperwork connected with order processing including: quotes, orders, and invoices, credit notes, filing, scanning and liaising with the finance department.
- Maintain accurate records on spend against IT procurement budget.
- Ensuring quotations are processed within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring product and service orders are placed within agreed timescales.
- Monitoring and managing customer orders to ensure delivery within agreed timescales.
- Proactively keeping customers up to date of any changes/delays to their orders.
- Keeping Request system updated
- Ensure invoice queries are resolved promptly.
- Produce request and procurement reports
Education / qualifications / experience:
- At least 2 years experience of working within an office administration role.
- Experience of working within a finance or procurement role an advantage.
- Understanding of Supply Chain / Procurement principles.
Knowledge and technical skills:
- High degree of knowledge in the use of Microsoft excel
- Able to communicate appropriately with all levels of users and within the IT Department in both verbal and written forms.
- Demonstrate attention to detail at all times.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision and within procedural boundaries.
- Possess strong customer focus and problem solving skills.