Direct report to: Document Production Team & Work Flow Co-ordinator
Department: National Document Production Team
Functional Report: National PA Services Manager
Hours of Work: Shift patterns between 06:00 and 23:00 Up to 35 hours per week, with flexibility to meet the demands of the job
Location: Regional/Home based
Purpose Of The Role
- To provide home based proactive and professional support for all practice groups across the firm including (but not limited to) audio/digital dictation typing, copy typing, amending/formatting large and complex documents, producing comparison documentation, Word/PDF conversion and manipulation plus the preparation of diagrams, slides, spreadsheets other ad hoc requests as required.
- A team working and collaborative approach towards fellow support staff is essential to fulfil the needs of the business.
- Reliability and flexibility combined with a ‘can do’ outlook are fundamental and Document Production Technicians should take pride in the standard of work the National Document Production team provides.
- Document Production Technicians will be expected to work closely with Exigent (the Firm’s transcription provider) and should proactively seek to utilise this resource in order to deliver to client deadlines and, where possible, avoid the necessity for overtime.
- To provide full document production support to all practice groups as required.
- Projecting a positive image of the Firm when dealing with internal clients together with a willingness to take responsibility for delivering excellent client service.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal clients and their teams.
Team working and Personal Impact
- Proactively working with all other members of the team to ensure that the overall needs of the business are delivered consistently and efficiently.
- Maintaining communication with clients with regard to status of jobs.
- Booking in work if the Work Flow Coordinator is unavailable or absent.
- Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on lawyers’ behalf and taking