Main duties and responsibilities
The following are the main duties and responsibilities of the Legal Engineering team as a whole. The candidate would not be expected to undertake all of these on joining the team but would do so over time as they develop into the role and progress within the team. Full training will be provided.
- Raising the profile of SmartDelivery including undertaking demos (internal and external), presenting at meetings and generally increase awareness of SmartDelivery.
- Support client presentations and proposals, including providing text into bid documents and where appropriate providing demos.
- Create extranet sites on the firm’s extranet systems (currently Sharepoint Online and HighQ Collaboration).
- Train internal users and clients in how to use the SmartDelivery Systems (Precedents Express, Matter Management and extranets) including ensuring that best practice for administering those systems is followed.
- Create new user accounts, assisting with new site set-ups and answering queries on the use of SmartDelivery Systems.
- Using Document Automation software (i.e. Contract Express by Thomson Reuters), which allows automation in plain English and does not require the author to use computer coding languages, the candidate will scope, plan and produce online questionnaires for the users to complete in order to prepare a legal contract or suite of documents in the most efficient way possible.
- Using bespoke in-house software, the candidate will scope projects and take requirements from internal and external clients to design and build innovative end-to-end workflow systems.
- Assisting with projects such as software upgrades and rolling out new developments to the firm. Assuming ownership of various projects and initiatives as assigned by the Manager. Developing project plans and ensuring these are delivered on time.
- Fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Keeping abreast of emerging document assembly technologies and languages, and their applicability/suitability to Pinsent Masons to enable the team and business to continue to move forward.
- Representing the Legal Engineering team at internal and, where necessary, external events to help raise the profile of the team.
- Designing and delivering training to staff at all levels and clients.
- Where asked to do so – deputising for other members of the Legal Engineering team in their absence.
The successful candidate will be highly proficient in the use of IT and have an interest in developing their technical skills further. Candidates should also have a good knowledge of the current challenges facing the legal market. They will have a strong business and commercial acumen and exemplary customer service skills. Attention to detail and the ability to use logic to solve complex problems are important attributes.
Candidates may hold a Law Degree and / or qualifications in information systems, computer science, mathematics or similar disciplines. Alternatively, candidates with relevant experience gained within a law firm should also apply.
Experience of mapping out processes and reengineering processes (particularly in the legal industry) is highly desirable as is change management experience
Previous experience of document assembly software (particularly Contract Express, Thomson Reuters) and a basic knowledge of HTML are desirable as is fluency in languages spoken in any of our international offices. Experience of SharePoint, Sharepoint Online, and HighQ Collaboration is desirable.
The role is suitable for those who are looking for an alternative career path within the legal sector. We are seeking a motivated individual who is keen to develop their skills within a renowned team.