What we need…
With a dedicated Service Desk team in the Birmingham office the plan is to employ talent locally to provide IT support to internal staff operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To optimise this team further, we are establishing a “Follow-the-Sun” IT Service Desk that will complement the provision of high quality technical support to all staff in any time zone or continent around the globe.
To ensure we give the best service to the business globally we are keen to ensure that we have the right support at the right time and so are very happy to discuss flexible hours between Monday- Sunday. The ideal being Monday – Friday,11am – 3pm but we are willing to discuss any patterns, simply apply and make a note of what you can commit to.
What you need…
Being the first point of contact the most important skill you’ll need is communication. By this we mean that whatever the time, however busy, you will talk with a smile. Your helpful nature and calm approach will give confidence to each and every contact.
What you’ll be doing …
- Log all incidents / service requests / queries within the IT Service Management system
- Answer all phone calls and web portal tickets
- Carry out initial diagnostics to resolve or escalate issues, aiming to resolve the majority of calls remotely
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd line teams as required
- Provide assistance with IT Admin (starters/leavers data management)
To achieve greatness in this department you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of consistent work supporting MS products (Windows, Office, AD, Exchange)
- Remote access (Citrix, VPN)
- Ticketing system experience
- Relevant certifications or qualifications
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
- Supporting an array of applications, you will be given full training so that you can provide an outstanding service.
What can we offer you?
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday, private healthcare and contributory pension.
Who we are….
A global success story – Pinsent Masons, started off small and over the decades have grown exponentially. With 24 offices worldwide, our success can be attributed to the 3,000+ staff that we have employed over the years, as well as the diversity of services we have provided to global sectors. These have included energy, infrastructure, financial services, real estate, advanced manufacturing and technology.
Being awarded the ‘Best Law firm for Tech’ in 2018 wasn’t given because we are stuffy, too corporate, pretentious or staid. Nor for being awarded ‘Law Firm of the Year 2018’, and shortlisted for ‘Most Innovative’, ‘Excellence in Diversity’ and ‘Employee Engagement’.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Helen Simpson. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.