- This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will work as part of our talented IT Service Desk. We are a professional team, who are well respected throughout the firm, offering expert 1st line remote support to a wide ranging internal customer base, via the phone, email and customer portal.
- The right candidate will be rewarded with an excellent starting salary, with additional shift allowance bonus and corporate benefits.
- Provide a single point of contact for all internal technical queries. To facilitate rapid restoration of service, with minimal impact to the business. This is achieved via advice, incident resolution and service request fulfilment.
- The IT Service Desk also provides service support using Incident and Problem Management, CMDB Management and Knowledge Management.
- The IT Service Desk provides technical remote support to over 3000 customers in the UK, Europe, the Gulf, Asia Pacific and Australian locations.
- The IT Service Desk team is based in Birmingham and employs 20 analysts across two teams. The teams also have a dedicated Training Coach and are supervised by two Team Leaders who report to the IT Service Desk Manager. The IT Service Desk is part of the department’s IT Operations Team which also consists of the Customer Support teams who effectively provide local second line support services for the business. Both teams report to the Head of IT Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow IT polices and procedures
- Raise Problem Records for investigation
- Liaise with third-party maintenance suppliers
- Update all support records, in a timely manner
- Provide customers with appropriate updates
- Update and propose Knowledge Base entries
- Raise awareness of regular repeat Incidents
- Log all Incidents/Service Requests/Queries within the IT support system
- Carry out initial diagnostics to resolve or escalate to other IT teams
- Attend team meetings and relevant training sessions
- Liaise regularly with the Team Leaders / Manager about any issues or suggestions
- Liaise with second line and third line teams, as required
- Ensure the all Configuration Items are maintained in the CMDB
- Answer all phone calls, emails and portal calls and define as Incidents/Service Requests/Queries
- Any other duties as assigned by the Team Leaders / Manager
- Excellent working knowledge of:
- Service Desk Call Logging System
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office suite 2010
- Advanced MS Word knowledge
- LANDesk remote control or similar products
- Active Directory 2000/2003
- Document Management Systems
- Document comparison tools
- Email filtering systems
- Remote device support
- Networking principles
- PC/Server hardware principles
- MS Access, MS Project, Visio, Adobe Reader and Writer
- Maths and English GCSE
- Preferred – Computer Science Degree, ITIL Foundation