A brand within Pinsent Masons (“PM”), Vario is a hub of self-employed lawyers carefully selected not just for their technical expertise but also for their ability to ‘fit right in’ and add value from day one. Our ‘Varios’ (as we call them) work on assignment for clients of PM, non-clients of PM and the firm itself. In doing so, they enhance the flexibility and focus of the organisations they join.
Vario was founded in February 2013 and since then has gone from strength-to-strength, with supply of high quality lawyers and demand from clients increasing by the month. Our team continues to grow and we’re looking to bring on board individuals to who can bring passion and enthusiasm to what is a key role in fuelling the further growth of the business.
The Talent Acquisition team within Vario is often the first point of contact for candidates looking to become part of our market leading freelance lawyer service. As a Talent Acquisition Consultant (TAC) your role will be primarily candidate facing focusing on the sourcing, on boarding and day to day management of a fantastic group of talented freelance lawyers.
- Acting as first point of contact to enquiries from new potential contractors
- Conducting external searches for potential candidates to join the Vario hub e.g. LinkedIn and other social media channels
- Preparing engaging adverts to place across a variety of media locations, and managing the response
- Supporting the preparation of availability reports mapping out the forward availability of our Vario lawyers to aid their swift deployment on assignment
- Assist Account Executives in maintaining contact with Varios to ensure all relevant information is current and up to date, so that they are assignment ready
- Ensuring that all updated information regarding Varios is recorded on the talent acquisition system
- Supporting Account Managers during candidate interviews as and when required
- Ensuring interview notes are recorded on the Vario talent acquisition system
- Managing enquiries from the business, as required
- Maintaining activity reports that accurately reflect the status of assignments
- As a minimum educated to GCSE/‘O’ level standard to include English and Mathematics
- Educated to degree level is desirable
- Graduates who have completed their legal studies with a view to undertaking training contracts from 2020 onwards
- Previous experience of working in a law firm / professional services environment;
- Previous experience of working in an in-house recruitment team and using a CRM database
- Understanding of and interest in the changes in the legal sector, and how it impacts the recruitment of freelance lawyers
- Outstanding customer/client service skills;
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience of working with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Superb organisational skills with an acute attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
- Professional and confident manner on the telephone and face-to-face
- ‘Goes the extra mile’ to ensure a job well-done
- A team player, willing to roll-up-sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the Vario business
- Uses own initiative
- Thinks creatively
- Strong personality, drive and enthusiasm
- Strives for excellence in all they do
- A clear thinker who stays calm under pressure
- Able and willing to return Vario’s flexible approach to hours in kind, working out of normal hours, if required
- Able and willing to undertake occasional travel to client sites or Pinsent Masons’ other offices
- Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm’s core values of ‘Approachable, ‘Bold’ and ‘Connected’.