Main duties and responsibilities
- Devise a Comp and Bens strategy which supports the firm’s business and people strategy, liaising with the global HR&L leadership team
- Lead the planning and delivery of the annual firm-wide salary review. Responsible for accurately modelling scenarios in support of budgetary provision, critically analysing internal and external market data as well as internal performance review data to assist in the decision making process. Produce the relevant tools and data to HR Managers and provide final output to payroll teams for processing.
- Participate in external market data surveys, submitting relevant base pay, benefits and total reward data to providers to supplement other sources of market data to inform salary benchmarking decisions.
- Act as a specialist in the application job matching methodology, ensuring robust job matching decisions are agreed with relevant HR Managers /HR Advisors teams. Ensuring that outputs are documented and evidenced to be able to support challenges outputs from the business.
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager to ensure efficient and accurate administration of salaries and benefits. Carrying out monthly and annual payroll audits.
- Manage the firm’s pension schemes, liaising with Pension providers, anticipating changes to pensions legislation and policies and advising the firm’s HR Director and Finance function as appropriate
- Use knowhow and experience from other sectors to provide strategic leadership for Comp & Bens policy and practice; to introduce new ideas; and to follow cross-sector best practice
- Lead the management of the UK Flexible Benefits system (“Choice”), including the monthly administration of the scheme, annual enrolment process and communications. Manages the relationship with the flexible benefits provider and is the key contact for all employee benefits queries.
- Support the UK and International insured benefit scheme renewal process. Manage the relationship with brokers and benefits providers. Responsible for negotiating rates and coverage to ensure that the insured benefits are fit for purpose and cost effective
- Manage the annual renewal of UK and international medical insurance plans ensuring continuous coverage globally whilst exploring opportunities to reduce costs and review benefit levels. Communicating to international offices in advance of the new scheme year any changes that need to be made to coverage to ensure contractual obligations for employees are met in a cost effective manner and are compliant with local legislation.
- Manage the Administration of Voluntary Benefits. Manages the day to day administration, communications and relationship with the providers. Provides monthly reports on take up levels and costs. Is the key contact for employee queries.
- Continuously engage employees on the benefit offering through the development and delivery of an annual communications plan for all benefits, focusing on Choice Benefits, Employee Discounts, and Core benefits available to employees. Providing an advisory service to employees from induction, during life changes and enrolment windows to ensure employee understanding and take up of the benefit offer is maximised to drive engagement in support of Pinsent Masons employer value proposition.
- Liaise with HR Policies and Projects Officer on well being initiatives that may have a benefits implication.
- Liaise with Group HRMs on management of Long term Sickness claims.
- Work with the HR Analyst team to ensure that staff benefits selections and monthly changes are captured in HRIS to ensure HRM/HRAs have ease of access to individual data for their respective teams.
- Manage and develop Comp & Bens information, ensuring this interfaces effectively with Payroll and other key HR systems.
- Manage all Comp & Bens aspects of firm-wide budgets
- Previous experience of a senior Comp & Bens role
- Experienced in the development and ongoing administration of international benefits
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation with ability to interpret contractual obligations in employment contracts
- Experience of running complex salary review processes
- Strong knowledge of pensions policies and legislation
- Experience of working in or with a payroll function
- Able to work with and manage external suppliers
- Project management experience
- Experience of working in a law firm or other professional services environment.