Our Property Disputes team is seeking a part-time PA (to job share with another PA) to support a team of fee earners (including a partner). The team advise clients on disputes relating to developments, real estate finance, management issues and Rights to Light. The team also advise companies with large estates, such as energy companies, telecoms providers and retailers. This is a permanent vacancy covering 21 hours, working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30am – 5.30pm of each week in our London office.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 850 lawyers in 24 locations around the world. We have a future focussed, collaborative approach to working that enables us to help clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
- Proactively manage mailboxes in terms of diary commitments and meeting room requirements; provide conference dial-in/Skype for Business/VC details where necessary.
- Assist with the file opening and CDD process; set up new matters, draft engagement letters.
- Play an active role in managing and taking responsibility for the billing process, work closely with the matter managers and our finance team; track specific billing arrangements; prepare budget trackers, weekly WIP reports, billing status and client reports.
- Draft correspondence and communications; amend legal documentation demonstrating excellent Word/formatting skills; compile Court bundles.
- Circulate weekly “team whereabouts” report.
- Attend monthly team meetings, contributing where necessary to update the team on any new systems and processes.
- Book appropriate venues for client lunches, dinners and drinks receptions
- Undertake administrative tasks including: the organisation of all travel arrangements; complete expense reclaim forms; file management (filing, closing and arranging offsite storage of files)
- Undertake Land Registry searches
- Support the team with all Business Development initiatives/marketing events suggested by the team
- Draft, amend and finalise PowerPoint slides for speaking presentations and Pitch documents
- Deal with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties in a prompt and professional manner, providing an effective transfer of information
- Develop strong working relationships with staff and key clients in our UK and international offices, ensuring open and proactive communications at all times
- Troubleshoot IT issues and escalate to IT ServiceDesk if necessary
- To provide support within the team (covering for other PA absences)
- Role model a ‘can-do’, positive work ethic; being decisive, responsible, and taking ownership of issues that arise
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved in ad-hoc projects as given by the team
- Demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude, taking ownership of tasks and managing your own workload
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and remain calm and friendly even in a crisis
- Have strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Be exceptionally organised and someone who can work flexibly, with the ability to manage change
- Always work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy