We have a unique opportunity for a Project Manager to join OC’s Strategic Programmes team in either our London or Bristol office on a 12 month FTC.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
What you’ll do
The Strategic Programmes team is based across the London and Bristol offices. Our five person team has an open and supportive culture, focussing on the delivery of outcomes. The team sits at the heart of business change, helping OC deliver its strategy. The team thrives on change and innovation, encouraging diversity of thought and approach.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic programmes, the main purpose of the role is to project manage the delivery of our Legal Services Delivery agenda.
The role requires the effective management and co-ordination of multiple projects, taking responsibility and accountability for managing inter-dependencies, budgets, resourcing and any risks and issues that may arise.
More specifically, the key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Direct and manage business change projects from beginning to end, working alongside key delivery partners in IT and our Osborne Clarke Solutions team
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Draft and submit business cases, budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary, determining the appropriate type of spend CapEx, Revenue and OpEx
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and recruit as appropriate, if necessary during the project lifecycle
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Experience of working on process re-engineering and optimisation projects preferable
What we’re looking for
You will be an experienced Project Manager with a proven record delivering positive results. This experience will need to include all aspects of process development and execution. You will also be qualified to at least Prince2 practitioner or equivalent.
- A high level of technical expertise in project management. A full and complete understanding of the technical project life cycle to facilitate the rapid and effective deployment of technology based projects to the firm
- Project management experience in business process based projects (such as process optimisation through re-engineering, technology automation and resource augmentation).
- Possesses an understanding of the business and commercial context of the customer as well as the needs and objectives of the users of the IT projects delivered. Will quickly be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of our client’s policy frameworks, organisational relationships, business processes and existing and planned information systems and services
- A strong understanding of project management tools is required, including experience in Microsoft Project Professional
- Actively promote savings wherever possible whether that is through resource management, appropriate selection of cost-effective solutions or process refinement
- Understand that the nature of the work and the way the team performs can have a big impact on the strategic goals of the business. As such the aim must be for high quality, timely delivery on key project milestones which will have minimal impact on our clients
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Exceptional time management, organisation and prioritisation skills