Osborne Clarke’s corporate team is known as the leading firm in the region, with a reputation that leads to us being instructed on the most significant transactions. Providing City-quality, we are the only firm in the Thames Valley covering each specialist area (Venture Capital, Private Equity, M&A/corporate and Corporate Finance for plcs). Our leading position is reflected in our work levels.
We act for a number of leading companies and deal doers in the Thames Valley (for example: LDC, NVM, Bridges, Imperial Innovations, Xeretec, Davies Group, Redwood/Content Guru and Intersurgical). We have developed a set of key sector-focuses, in which areas we have achieved a nationwide reputation. These include Digital Business, Financial Services and Real Estate & Infrastructure.
The team in Reading is fully integrated into a UK-wide network, including a rapidly expanding London office, and a fast-growing international network.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below.
“As lawyers I find them straightforward, pragmatic and enjoyable to work with” – Chambers UK
The team is led by Sara Valentine, Partner, and also comprises of 3 further Partners, 3 Associate Directors, 2 Senior Associates, 3 Associates and 1 Trainee Solicitor and 1 Paralegal. The team also works closely with the Corporate teams in Osborne Clarke LLP’s Bristol and London offices, meaning that the department is made up of 70 lawyers overall.
- Advised the management team of longstanding client, NewVoiceMedia, on its sale to Vonage Holdings. Osborne Clarke played a key role in the structuring of the sale as there were over 350 option holders, which is one of the largest option scheme arrangements that Osborne Clarke has dealt with.
- Acted for Conduent on the sale of its off-street parking business and assets in the UK and France, as well as its airport business in the US to a newco backed by Andera Partners. This was a complex multi-jurisdictional transaction.
- Advised on a complex cross-border transaction involving the sale of Prime Media Group (media monitoring and services) to Cision Inc, which was backed by GTCR.
- Advised the selling shareholders and management team of Mode Print Solutions on its sale to a newco, backed by certain members of the management team and Connection Capital.
- Advised the shareholders of ICS Cool Energy on the sale of ICS to Ingersoll Rand plc, a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments.
- Acted for Davies Group on its acquisition of Direct Group Property Services Limited from Direct Group Topco Limited.
- Acted for the shareholders of Redwood Technologies Group Limited on the sale of Redwood and the £25m investment into Redwood by Scottish Equity Partners through the SEP V Limited Partnership.
- Acted for Southern Communications on the acquisition of 2 Circles and its subsequent refinancing. The refinancing was complex and involved using funding models that are new to the market.
Technical skills and experience
As a guide, due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, we are looking to appoint an Associate or Senior Associate lawyer, although we will consider candidates with more or less experience. You will have trained with a highly respected law firm, preferably a city or national law firm and have a very strong academic background.