We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Trainer to join our Bristol office in a part time (15 hours per week) permanent role.
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK’s most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Facebook and Vodafone, as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday’s ‘Firm of the year’ 2018.
Within IT we have a supportive culture, and believe in encouraging our people to progress in their careers through personal development and training.
The IT Training Team are focussed on allowing all of our people to get the very best from our investments in technology, law firms are now massively reliant upon technology and here at Osborne Clarke we see this as key to being able to develop our relationships with our clients.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the IT Training Manager (People Development), the main purpose of this role is to work as part of the UK IT Training team with the goal of improving our people’s IT knowledge and skills, enabling them to make more efficient and effective use of the firm’s IT systems.
Amongst other responsibilities, you will deliver IT induction training to all our new joiners and provide classroom training and one to one coaching in the UK and remotely to our international offices. The aim of these sessions will be to improve our people’s use of technology in a measurable fashion and in line with the company’s IT proficiencies framework.
You will also assist with the roll out of new or upgraded IT solutions, the creation of assessment modules, online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and weekly tips and tricks articles. As well as this you will build key relationships within the legal teams in order to understand their specific IT training requirements and devise training programmes to address these needs. This work will be supplemented by offering regular floor walking support to our people; answering ad hoc queries and providing 1:1 desk-side assistance as and when required.
What we’re looking for
You will be a qualified and experienced IT Trainer with experience ideally working in a legal firm; however other professional services environments will be considered. You will also have experience in e-learning and learning management solutions, with a background working in an accredited service environment such as ITIL or similar.
- Excellent IT skills – advanced use of Microsoft Word with sound knowledge of the other Microsoft Office applications.
- Motivated professional who has genuine interest in the application of IT systems in the workplace.
- Familiarity with legal IT systems; including document management systems, CRM tools, time recording software and SharePoint.
- Technical authoring experience.
- A strong team player committed to assisting their colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department.
- Able to work autonomously and to schedule their own resource appropriately.
- Able to multitask, work under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Creative thinker who is able to, and enjoys solving problems for users.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications.
- Committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service to users in a proactive fashion with the best interests of the client always at the forefront of their mind.
- Willingness to travel to our other UK offices or internationally if required.