We are looking for someone to join our IT programmes and projects team as an IT Business Analyst. This is a full time role covering a 15 month maternity contract based in our Bristol office.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for providing an essential link between the business, technical teams and third party technical organisations. You will be required to support Project Managers in the delivery of multiple tasks and projects throughout their life-cycle. This will include understanding and documentation of ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ business processes, generating business and technical requirements, defining problems and opportunities, and researching viable options for their solution. The role will also support initiation, testing and delivery phases.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 850 lawyers in over 25 locations around the world. We have a future focussed, collaborative approach to working that enables us to help clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
As the Business Analyst you will be responsible for working closely with technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders across the business in providing analytical support that is imperative to business growth.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collecting, validating, and documenting business requirements from necessary stakeholders
- Prioritising requirements in line with business needs
- Producing business case documentation including analysis of costs/benefits
- Identifying efficiencies in business processes and documenting future state process maps
- Providing detailed project cost and time estimates to help project managers and program managers with planning
- Taking a lead role in design workshops, focussed on cross-functional IT systems for the business
- Assisting with managing projects at the discovery stage, including the production of project plans, and tracking/reporting of project execution
- Taking part in a range of projects, from business readiness to software development
- Providing input during the testing stage – validating the business requirements to support the creation of testing plans and execute as necessary
- Supporting vendor selection process, including analysing and assessment of tenders
- Being involved in the design phase of systems implementation
- Identifying and quantifying benefits of change and ongoing measurement
- A good understanding of Business Analysis
- Experience with Waterfall project methodology (experience with Agile beneficial but not a necessity)
- Experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Experience using elicitation techniques to understand business requirements
- Ability to handle and engage a range of stakeholders from IT and the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deliverables
- Be a self-starter who can work within a fast-paced ever changing landscape
- Enthusiastic and proactive, able to manage your own time and workload with minimal supervision
- Strong IT skills (good understanding of Microsoft applications)