We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Inclusion & Corporate Responsibility to join our award-winning HR team at Osborne Clarke (OC), in either our London or Bristol office.
“It’s absolutely vital that OC is as diverse & inclusive as we possibly can be – we celebrate being different. It’s not about statistics, it’s about how people feel”
– Ray Berg, UK Managing Partner
At OC we consider our inclusive and supportive culture to be fundamental to our success. This is a newly created role for someone who has a genuine passion to develop and deliver our inclusion & corporate responsibility (ICR) vision & strategy. We want to ensure that OC has a reputation both internally and externally as a social responsibility leader for our people, our clients and our local communities.
Working closely with our Chief People Officer, Head of HR and with support from our Diversity & Wellbeing Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a genuine difference with the full support of our Executive Board.
We are widely recognised for our open and inclusive culture and our commitment to being a responsible business. We were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019 at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF). In addition, Osborne Clarke ranked in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. We have also been commended for our work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018, and recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in both 2018 and 2019, the only firm to win twice in a row.
We are ideally looking for someone to join us on a full-time basis, but we may consider 4 days a week for the right candidate. There will be regular travel between our three UK offices and some international travel may also be required.
- Drive the development and execution of a dedicated ICR strategy for OC UK that underpins the wider business strategy
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to embed our ICR strategy into our people’s development journey
- Develop effective partnerships with multiple stakeholder groups including providers, networks, academics and clients
- Work closely with the Communications team to market and communicate our corporate responsibility platform, ‘Osborne Clarke for good’ both internally and externally including production of an annual ICR report which provides clear direction on strategy, delivery and performance
- Develop, analyse and evaluate the impact resource requirements and cost/benefit of new programmes
- Support our pitch teams to effectively represent our commitment to this area, demonstrating specific and relevant activities and achievements
- Develop the ICR infrastructure, harnessing the experience and power of those already engaged, including forming and chairing a ICR Committee
- Work with our offices overseas to help co-ordinate our international approach
- Significant inclusion and corporate responsibility experience gained at Senior Manager level, preferably within professional services
- A proven track record of delivering results and making change happen
- Strong stakeholder management skills combined with a talent for influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to create engaging campaigns, prior PR experience a benefit
- The ability to inspire, mobilise and co-ordinate a highly capable team of volunteers
- Commercial in approach, but also numerate with the ability to manage your own budget