- To assist the Knowledge Lawyer in providing comprehensive knowledge and training support to fee-earners.
- To carry out research as required by Knowledge Lawyer.
- To assist fee-earners to identify appropriate resources to answer queries; referring queries to Knowledge Lawyer where appropriate.
- To assist the Knowledge Lawyer in the management of intranet sites and client micro-sites.
- To assist the Knowledge Lawyer with blog postings on the Norton Rose Fulbright blog, Regulation tomorrow.
- To gather and load knowledge onto the electronic knowledge management system; updating the system as required.
- To assist the Knowledge Lawyer to manage the team knowledge collection, including indexing, organising, categorising, assigning keywords, auditing and maintaining the collection.
- To participate in internal knowledge meetings as required.
- To provide data to the Knowledge Lawyer to assist him in the preparation of various management reports.
- To work with Knowledge Lawyers, Knowledge Managers and other Knowledge Assistants to facilitate knowledge document processing in an efficient manner, following Norton Rose Fulbright house style and recording relevant data.
- To manage the knowledge investment hours process.
- To work flexibly and proactively in the interests of the team.
- To assist in the administration and delivery of client seminars.
- To undertake any other administrative duties as may be required.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential (E), Desirable (D)
- Educated to degree or equivalent level. (D)
- Study of law. (D)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment. (D)
- Good working knowledge of legal documents. (D)
- Experience working with complex legal documents. (D)
- Experience of working with a knowledge document management system on an intranet. (D)
- Advanced training in Microsoft Office suite of applications, in particular MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint and also Adobe Professional. (D)
- Competency using Front Page or other web authoring tools. (D)
- Experience of conducting legal research. (D)
Competencies (see competency framework for further details)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Initiative and flexibility in adapting to changing work environments.
- Strong client focus and demonstrated commitment to outstanding service delivery.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work either autonomously, co-operatively or with direction.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in work processes; ability to suggest improvements and new methods where appropriate.
- Understanding of database management, organisation and search techniques.
- Ability to interpret document user needs, to analyse information and then identify document management solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.