We are looking for a creative Brand Manager to join our Communications and Brand team to implement our brand strategy internationally in line with the firm’s marketing and client strategy.
The team is responsible for the promotion and protection of our brand and the successful delivery of PR, Internal and Digital communications that support the firm’s strategy across the International LLP (EMEA & Asia Pacific).
The DLA Piper brand is one of our most valuable assets and our success relies upon the strength of our brand and reputation in the market. Our challenge is to make DLA Piper stand out in an ever increasingly competitive marketplace.
The role will work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business and will also be the day-to-day liaison point for a variety of suppliers and agencies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Senior Brand Manager in creating and building an effective and competitive brand.
- Promote and facilitate brand adoption and consistency across the firm, through creation of processes, tools, guides, training and presenting.
- Support the development and management of sub-brands and identities.
- Work with marketing and business development colleagues across the world to activate and implement the brand through the use of brand assets, imagery and guidelines.
- Provide guidance to internal clients on the design process, advising on workflow to our design agencies.
- Act as the day-to-day contact for our approved brand and design agencies, overseeing the delivery of creative work to ensure it adheres to visual identity guidelines and managing the allocation of jobs.
- Act as the first point of contact for escalated brand compliance issues.
- Co-ordinate the international Brand Ambassador team, working collaboratively with the group to share best practice.
- Support implementation of global strategic initiatives, including advertising campaigns.
- Work with Procurement and the Global Services Centre to oversee the catalogue of branded corporate merchandise.
- Work with other business services functions including HR, property and workplace teams, and IT to ensure there is a high level of internal awareness of and engagement with the brand.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven experience of brand management. Experience of B2B marketing for professional services organisation or similar is desirable;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical and theoretical aspects of branding;
- Detailed understanding of design and visual identity systems;
- Experience of managing creative agencies;
- Ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders;
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working to sometimes conflicting timescales and multiple priorities in a robust and fast-paced environment;
- A self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team;
- Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations;
- Comfortable operating in sometimes ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative personal working style.