Forming an integral part of an established team of secretaries, the main purpose of this role is to provide an excellent standard of secretarial support to a team of fee earners across the practice area in London. This is a part time vacancy working14 hours a week over Thursday and Friday and is a 6 months FTC.
Able to work independently, pro-actively and with accuracy, key responsibilities include:
- Proactive diary management and co-ordination
- Effective prioritisation and ownership of tasks whilst managing a full workload
- Providing a first class client-facing service, liaising positively with clients and their support staff over the phone, email and in person, and building relationships as appropriate
- Booking client and internal meetings, video and audio conferences
- Accurate and timely preparation of correspondence, agreements and other documents, including from digital dictation
- Creating and editing spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations, making the most of available technology and showing appropriate creativity to maximise professional impact of documentation
- Confidently managing large documents, creating versions, amending, proof reading and creating comparisons to highlight changes
- Opening and closing files
- Filing, archiving, photocopying and scanning documents as and when required
- Ensuring that client contact information is kept up to date on relevant systems
- Assisting with the booking of travel and accommodation arrangements
- Proactively assisting with ad-hoc business development and communications activities e.g. client contact reports, delegate packs etc.
- Building and maintaining a level of individual knowledge required for the role
- Providing billing, cash collection and accounts support to fee earners
- Assisting with incoming billing, cash collection and accounts queries and liaising with internal support teams to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Helping maintain a clean office and clear desk
- At all times handling confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous secretarial experience within a legal/professional services environment is preferred (however not essential) with a minimum typing speed of 65wpm.
- Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a grade C in English and Maths) or equivalent
- A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
- Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages (including each of Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and prior experience of working with a case management system is preferable.
- Good working knowledge of Elite accounts software
- An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
- A focused client service approach is essential
- Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing