• Provide exceptional customer service
• The set-up of new starters – including Active Directory accounts, system accounts and updating phone list entries
• Purchase Ordering of all new IT equipment and maintenance contracts
• Obtaining quotes from suppliers, as well as negotiating to try and get the best possible price
• Invoicing – All IT purchases, maintenance renewals and telephony invoices
• Ordering of Blackberries/Mobile Phones/3G Software – New set ups, Troubleshooting, re-activations, maintenance, replacing old devices, asset tracking, updating the blackberry/mobile spreadsheet log.
• Booking Courier collections and accepting deliveries for the IT team
• Liaising with external contractors and suppliers
• Handling confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
• The set- up of homeworkers – including ordering the installation of their broadband and line. Also keeping a log on the BT Homeworkers spreadsheet.
• Plan and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
• Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up-to-date with new processes, procedures and developments
• Willing to take ownership on any other tasks and responsibilities required until complete
The Ideal Candidate
• IT literate
• Good telephone manner
• Organised and able to prioritise and manage a constantly changing workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to make decisions within own areas of responsibility
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
• Experience of Excel preferred, as in ability to create and maintain spreadsheets
• A co-operative team player who is able to work effectively within a pressurised environment
• and to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic approach to their work