This role reports to the Learning & Development Manager and works alongside 5 others in the team. It is responsible for the design, delivery and evaluation of learning and development solutions, to meet the agreed business and individual development needs of the business, across both the fee and non-fee earners population. Promoting an environment of continuous learning across the firm at all times.
• Work with and support the Learning and Development Manager on Learning and Development projects.
• Act as the first point of contact providing advice and guidance on all aspects of learning and development.
• Work with the business to analyse training needs, develop, co-ordinate and maintain learning programmes to ensure that all learning is delivered in line with business goals.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of programmes delivered and provide input to continuously improve practices.
• Develop relationships with external training suppliers, e.g. for technical and business skills training and support the L&D Manager in procuring new solutions when required.
• Work with internal subject matter experts to design and deliver workshops and skills sessions as required.
• Deal with day to day queries and support the maintenance of the firm’s Learning Management System (LEAP).
• Work with the Talent Partner on the co-ordination of our trainee solicitor and apprenticeship recruitment and development programmes
• Alongside the recruitment team support the NQ process across the firm
• Maintain networks and continuous professional development, keeping up to date with the latest approaches to learning and development.
• Adhere to all DAC Beachcroft Policies.
• Good attention to detail.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Experience in learning and development theory and application.
• Experience of working with subject matter experts in the design and delivery of training materials.
• A good level of computer literacy – Microsoft Office.
• The ability to work with and understand bespoke systems quickly
• Project Management skills.
• Experience of working with Learning Management Systems.
• CIPD Certificate in Training Practice (or equivalent qualification) – (highly desirable)
• Minimum 2/3 A levels including English grade C and above or equivalent.
• Experience of working within a law firm and knowledge of regulatory training requirements for the profession – (desirable)
• Experience of recruitment for graduate and apprenticeship training programmes – (desirable)