Reporting to the Head of International Finance, and working very closely with the Assistant Accountants and other Finance colleagues in the International region, the International Finance Assistant will be accountable for a variety of tasks supporting the business operating model currently in place, including opening and closing matters, updating billing rates, processing billings to clients, logging supplier invoices, applying cash received to the applicable matters, processing bank payments, scanning and filing documents, and any other ad-hoc requests that may take place during the normal monthly operating cycle. There will also be an opportunity to develop basic accounting skills like the processing of monthly accruals and prepayments, as well as understanding how to deal with different currencies. The International Finance Assistant will ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- International Processing for the following locations: mainly Chile, Mexico, Singapore, France and USA (Miami), with occasional support to Colombia, Spain and Ireland.
- Where local processing in the International clusters exists: provide support to International contacts on group processing practices, ensuring that they adhere to group policies and deadlines.
- Where processing is performed in Bristol:
Matter data for Mexico, Chile, France and Singapore: ensure all matters and rates are set up and/or amended accurately and on time and deal with general queries on matters
Accounts Payable for USA (Miami), Mexico, Chile, France and Singapore: ensure all payments, disbursements and invoices are logged accurately and timely.
Billing for Mexico, Chile, France and Singapore: raise and amend invoices / credit notes and deal with various billing queries
Sales Ledger for Mexico, Chile, France and Singapore: post bill payments and allocate accordingly
Accounting: assist with the processing of accounting journals, mainly for accruals and prepayments
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent in written and oral English (Essential). Although not essential, knowledge of Spanish and French will be a real plus.
- Self-starter, keen to learn, develop, and take responsibility.
- Very good communication skills are essential, as the role requires liaising with other offices.
- Flexible in terms of a changing environment and workload, and working across multiple time-zones.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and meet deadlines simultaneously.
- IT literate. Experience of working with Elite would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience in Finance processing in a shared service environment ideally gained in a professional services environment.