12 month fixed term contract.
Start date: beginning of March 2019
Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The role of the Legal Support Secretary (LSS) is to provide a first class professional support service to all fee earners. The support provided will be as part of a team with shared responsibilities and collective accountability. LSSs will be expected to refocus tasks and priorities periodically as required by the fee earners and/or practice area.
The LSS reports to the Legal Support Manager (LSM) and is expected, on a daily basis, to create a positive working relationship with the fee earner(s) and their peer group. There are five key categories, detailed below, which describe the core areas of the support service provided by an LSS.
- Client Support – supporting clients and the business needs in a proactive manner across the firm
- Team Support – working collaboratively with team members across the firm to provide a responsive and professional support service to fee earners and clients
- Document Management/Production – managing document processing from beginning to end, involving the Document Production Unit (DPU) where required
- Administrative Support – maintaining overall support through core administrative and communication activities. Managing all filing activities
- Diary/Meeting Management – coordinating fee earner work by maintaining/managing schedules and acting as the key point of contact for fee earners both internally and externally
Specific areas of focus will vary over time and according to the requirements of the team of fee earners, but each LSS will be required to perform tasks within each of these categories at some point in time.
- Minimum typing speed 60wpm with a high level of accuracy.
- Good knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within a large law firm
- Complex diary management
- 5 A-C GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- CILEX ideal or A level standard/equivalent