Department/ Role Overview:
Work within the group accounting team to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of group accounts and other management and statutory financial information, with a focus on process improvement ensuring that appropriate controls and reconciliations are in place and maintained.
- Monthly management accounts preparation and review/challenge of overseas offices monthly accounts.
- Assist Senior International Accountant with monthly WIP valuation process
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ownership of monthly FTE figures preparation.
- Monthly remuneration/FTE global analysis with commentary on variances.
- Liaising with Head of Functions with regard to budgets and monthly spend.
- Global office accommodation reporting
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billing and clearing process.
- Reconciliation of GL books and types within 3e.
- Drive the increased use of 3e local books for local statutory reporting.
- Ensure compliance with UK GAAP across the global firm.
- Provide financial support to the business support functions and senior management as necessary
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and forecasting.
- Undertake adhoc analysis of accounts and other financial information.
- Liaise with the financial analysis team to complete ad hoc projects and analysis in support of the firm’s management.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant accounting qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc) or working towards a accounting qualification with relevant accounting experience.
- Experience of management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Good understanding of UK GAAP and statutory reporting.
- Good understanding of financial and management information systems and highly numerate.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced analytical skills, ability to manipulate and make sense of large volumes of data.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally or in writing with all levels of stakeholders and staff.
- Excellent delivery skills.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of working in an international and multi-currency business, preferably within the professional services (ideally legal) sector.
- Some experience of working with Elite 3e or Cognos TM1 would be an advantage.