About the role and team
Our growing Learning and Development (L&D) team offer a variety of training programmes to employees across the firm. Due to this growth we are now recruiting for a passionate L&D Administrator to join the HR team on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is an experienced administrator and has a passion for learning and development to join an organisation that focuses on giving back to society. Whilst administration will be the core element of the role, the L&D Manager is keen for somebody to get involved as much as possible and, for the right person, the position will be far more than basic administration duties.
As the L&D Administrator the successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of administrative tasks such as:
- Supporting with the organisation of various L&D programmes and workshops;
- Assisting with the set up of L&D events;
- Liaising with external providers and booking of catering/refreshments;
- Promoting learning opportunities;
- Monitoring learning activities
- Maintenance of L&D page on the intranet with up to date information;
- Any other general L&D administration.
This role is a part time opportunity and we are ideally looking for candidates who are able to work between 15-20 hours per week.
If you are unable to work this amount of hours, please do not apply.
About the candidate
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate a true passion for working in L&D and has the following personal characteristics:
– Experience in L&D or HR;
– Experience of working in a similar role;
– Highly organised with the ability to multi task and meet deadlines;
– Experience of working in administration;
– Numerate, and able to apply and check relevant calculations;
– Confident about learning to use relevant software and systems to a high standard.
– Experience of using an HR Database.
– Personal Characteristics
– Proactive and flexible, with a ‘can do’, problem-solving approach;
– Helpful and positive nature and ability to stay calm and diplomatic under pressure;
– Resilience and determination to support L&D or HR processes;
– Detail orientated and able to take ownership of tasks.
– Good IT skills including the ability to confidently use Microsoft Word and Excel;
– Strong administrative and organisational skills;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.