Client Relationship Manager – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract – London
Department Business Development
Reporting Line Head of Clients & Sectors
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We put ourselves in our clients’ shoes, as part of a team of effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
Individuals in this role work as part of a team within their designated client group and report directly to the Head of Clients & Sectors.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Advise and support the Sector Heads to develop and drive revenue from the clients and targets in their sector portfolio.
- Advise and support Client Relationship Partners and the wider relationship team for their designated area.
- Actively manage up to 5 core accounts, while mentoring and guiding Associate Account Managers, helping them to manage and maintain momentum for the remaining accounts in the sector portfolio.
- To work with the Head of Clients & Sectors to help develop and deliver the vision and strategy for the AG clients programme.
- The role is based in London and may require occasional travel to the other UK offices.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the CRM undertakes: ·
- Assist the Head of Clients & Sectors in the development of key client programmes.
- Undertake client relationship management activities for a group of clients as directed by the Head of Clients & Sectors.
- Ensure the list of mandatory activities (as defined by the Head of Clients & Sectors) is completed on a regular basis.
- Plan and execute business development activities, identifying the best format for promotion, follow-up activity and tracking return on investment.
- Work with the partners and team to identify the client ‘hot topics’ or areas of specialist knowledge the firm should be promoting throughout the year.
- Manage the approach to communication and information flow between the core client team and wider relationship team members.
- Develop and maintain direct client contact with a wide range of job titles.
- Work with the relevant business development sector focused teams, in particular the relevant Sector Managers, to ensure all marketing, events, communications and PR activities are aligned with your client’s priorities, interests and activities
- Oversee, and when required, get stuck in with various client reporting and data management requirements
- In conjunction with the bids manager, lead relevant pitch opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of the firm’s value add offering for clients.
- To maintain a range of core materials for client support and maintenance of a client-driven approach to developing client relationships.
- Take steps to build a personal network within the sector and across the wider business development team.
- Share best practice across the wider business development team.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing initiatives across the business development team.
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- At least 5 years’ client relationship management experience in a large professional services organisation.
- Strong knowledge of the energy and/or transport sectors is an advantage, but not necessary. An interest in developing sector knowledge is important.
- Ability to lead a team and delegate activities as required.
- Organised, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Relevant client and sector knowledge and a demonstrable desire to learn about the designated client and the work the firm undertakes for them.
- Awareness and interest of developments in the wider legal market, empathy to challenges faced by clients and commercial acumen around various pricing models.
- Confidence to challenge partners constructively and put forward alternative suggestions to positively enhance the output whilst being confident to influence the decision-making process appropriately.
- Able to make connections between offerings throughout our seven offices to articulate a compelling proposal – “joining the dots”.
- An ability to engage with different groups and stakeholders around the business – both in the UK and internationally – to promote best practice and develop relationships.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and work with teams across business development to achieve the objectives of your designated client groups and the wider business development function.
- A strong team player with a willingness to support your colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate use of their initiative – looking for continuous improvement and ways to implement positive change.
- Good writing and editorial skills for pitch content.
- Computer literate and can work competently in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A flexible approach to travel and working hours as some travel between our UK offices will be an essential element of this role.